HEADTEACHER’S WELCOMEOn behalf of everyone at Linslade, it is a real pleasure to be able to welcome you to our school.
Our intention as a school is to build aspirational bridges for learners today and open a window into the wider world of our diverse society, creating opportunities to become leaders of tomorrow.
To do this we will offer all our learners the opportunity to be EPIC. EPIC at Linslade means:
We aim to foster a culture of high expectations, challenge and aspiration for all our learners to ensure high outcomes. We will offer opportunities to achieve academic and personal excellence in and out of the classroom.
Preparation for the future
Linslade learners will be prepared with the necessary skills and knowledge to progress to the next stage of their educational journey. Opportunities will be given to lead in and out of the classroom.
Inspirational and Inclusive learning
With a broad, balanced curriculum and inclusive environment learners will be inspired to exceed expectations.
Our aim is to create connections with our local community allowing our learners to actively contribute, whilst also creating opportunities for the community to add value to the cultural capital of each learner.
Students are also encouraged to aspire to be EPIC learners and EPIC leaders. This means they will try to be:
- Aspirant and ambitious
- High achieving and hard working
- Creative and curious
Learners at Linslade are successful because we:
- Support them to try hard, to work hard, and to persevere, enabling them to arrive at school every day willing to learn and more importantly to create an enduring love for learning.
- Encourage our community, whether that be pupils, staff or parents; to notice what we do well, offering praise regularly, consistently and specifically.
- Highlight that students can achieve regardless of background; showing them how to achieve, but more significantly, offering the opportunity to achieve followed by praise, reward and feedback.
- Encourage them to READ, READ, READ; to develop confident readers amongst their peers and adults. We want adults to encourage our students to read, ultimately sharing a passion and love for reading.
I hope that you enjoy your time at Linslade. We wish everybody at Linslade, within the Chiltern Learning Trust and our local community a safe, happy and successful 2021-22.