HEADTEACHER’S WELCOMEOn behalf of everyone at Linslade, it is a real pleasure to be able to welcome you to our school.
At Linslade School we enjoy a proud heritage of moulding positive and resilient learners. This, in turn, creates robust results, sporting achievements to be proud of and positive contributions to the Arts programme. We are keen to invest our time into our local community, enabling our students to become leaders and role models in today’s society.
We are working tirelessly to improve our standards, expectations, facilities and opportunities for all in our community.
The reasons students thrive at Linslade are many, but particularly because staff are passionate about learning and encouraging key values. Ways we achieve this include:
- Supporting them to try hard, to work hard, and to persevere, enabling them to arrive at school every day willing to learn and more importantly to create an enduring love for learning
- Encouraging our community, whether that be pupils, staff or parents; to notice what we do well, offering praise regularly, consistently and specifically
- Highlighting that students can achieve regardless of background; showing them how to achieve, but more significantly, offering the opportunity to achieve followed by praise, reward and feedback
- Encourage them to READ, READ, READ; to develop confident readers amongst their peers and adults. We want adults to encourage our students to read, ultimately sharing a passion and love for reading
Students are also encouraged to aspire to be EPIC learners and EPIC leaders. This means they will try to:
- Be organised and ready to learn
- have high expectations for themselves as learners
- be respectful to, and supportive of, other learners
- take responsibility for extending their learning
- persevere with their learning when it is challenging
I hope that you enjoy your time at Linslade. We wish everybody at Linslade, within the Chiltern Learning Trust and the Community a safe, happy and successful 2020-21.